Saturday, March 17, 2018

Revisions

      After speaking about my film with multiple people, I've decided to change up the story a bit.

      My main character will still be a hitchhiker with a broken family. I originally wasn't going to visually show his old family life and was going to indicate it through the script, but now I'm going to show flashbacks of old negative interactions. These thoughts will occur as he's still alone, lost, looking for somewhere to go. By including these flashbacks, I will also be able to fill time, so a large majority is not my main character walking around alone.

     Also, when he does come across what he thinks is his new found happiness aka his nomad friends,  he will be happy and believe that this is all he needs, but now he will only believe that temporarily. At the end he will come to the conclusion that he cannot completely escape the issue of his past by filling holes, he will realize that he has to manually heal his past problems to be able to completely move forward. His realization will come when gathered with his friends, I'll show him in the center of all of them, spaced out, while they carry on having  a good time. I will slowly zoom into him, while incorporating a voiceover of his thoughts and his epiphany and then end the film that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my CCR. I can't say I love my film, but I have no one to blame but myself. My fear and lazy senior habits caused me to procras...