Saturday, March 17, 2018

Blue and yellow

     The color blue is usually associated with sadness, where as the color yellow usually symbolizes happiness.

     With that being said, the beginning of my film when Alex is alone, I would like to have the scene softly tinted blue. I will do this by adjusting the white balance on my camera or maybe adding a filter, depending on what looks better. When Alex comes across the nomads I would like to have a yellow tint, to represent his new found happiness, but by the end of the film the the tint will start returning back to blue representing a cycle of emotions and the inability to escape past issues, as he will have his epiphany realizing he can't just tape over his past.

Example:


This is just old footage I had from a previous project. I was testing the coloring on iMovie as I think I prefer to use this rather than messing with the white balance in case I change my mind on using the tints.


     Since, I now plan to include a few flashbacks into my film, I need to figure out how I plan to incorporate them. Whether I make them black and white, sepia, vignette, fade into them, etc.

     I'd like to have the flashbacks layered over Alec as he walks, like such:


This too is just old footage I had from the same project. I used it just to figure out layering 
on iMovie not expecting it to be so simple. Thankfully it was that easy. 

I think this would look really cool and isn't the typical cheesy black and white flashback, it may be a bit cheesy, but I like the product it produces. It feels reminiscent of some 'old' films I enjoy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my CCR. I can't say I love my film, but I have no one to blame but myself. My fear and lazy senior habits caused me to procras...