Saturday, March 31, 2018

Script...

      When I write I like to be in a particular setting. My setting is key to my mood and thus my writing. With that being said, what's a better time to write than when on an airplane at 1:00 A.M.?

       On the plane home from my spring break trip, I felt very inspired. I had just spent a week out of the country with some of my closest friends, at a place similar to one of my key inspirations for this film. I knocked out the whole script (for the most part). Not everything in my film will be scripted as I want some scenes to capture real causal conversations between my friends. I want to capture real laughter and fake despair in my end scene.

      When writing I referred back to my copy of Into the Wild as well as some of Jack Kerouac's lines and quotes. They really helped me for the scenes where my character would be reflecting on his current life.

       I'm not going to lie it was hard to not sound cheesy, as well as just overall pretty difficult to know what my characters need to say and when they need to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my CCR. I can't say I love my film, but I have no one to blame but myself. My fear and lazy senior habits caused me to procras...